top of page
  • Aadvanced Nursing & Home Health

How To Report Suspected Abuse

Updated: Aug 26, 2021

Where can you report elder abuse if you suspect it? First, do not let fear of possible legal complications stop you. As a person reporting abuse, you are shielded from criminal and civil liability.

1. If the abuse happened in a long-term care facility, such as a nursing home or residential care facility, call San Diego's Long-Term Care Ombudsman (858) 560-2507 or (800) 640-4661. You can also call the Bureau of Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse at the Bureau's toll-free hotline at (800) 722-0432.

2. If the abuse occurred outside a facility, report possible abuse to the San Diego County Adult Protective Services Agency at (858) 495-5660 (800) 510-2020.

3. Law enforcement is always a good place to start. The San Diego County District Attorney's Elder Abuse Unit is recognized as one of the best. Contact them at (619) 531-4040.

20 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page